Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Day with Sadie!

As I was showing you around my backyard the other day, I mentioned that my friend, I.O., lives on the other side of this fence. We don't see each other very often because these boards come between us.
Here is a picture of I.O. posing for my Mommy. All the neighbors are afraid of him cause he's so tall but Mommy and Daddy aren't afraid of him because he's really a softie.
He has a brother named Truman but he isn't as "vocal" about greeting me as I.O. is. My Mommy thinks Truman's a sweetie but of course not as sweet as me!
Well, I hope you liked meeting my neighbors and having a break from so many days of cats!

Several people asked the other day what I am "mixed" with. Mommy says I'm mixed with love but that's because we don't know for sure. I'm more of an Alaskan Husky but beyond I don't know. In case you weren't reading our blog way back when, here's a post where Mommy talked about me becoming a part of our family.
As noted in our previous backyard post, these photos were taken this week so yes, the grass is green year round in the Pacific Northwest and never goes brown and dormant. It makes up for the dreary, rainy days we have pretty often.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sadie! ::waving paws:: Thanks for introducing us to your neighbors. We have lots of woofie neighbors, but they aren't so friendly as you and your neighbors... unless you count being inside their mouths friendly.

Our grass is green, and brown and yellow and every color in-between right now. We cannot wait until Spring!

SkyBar Farm said...

You know Sadie looks a lot like my Norwegian Elkhound. So maybe Husky and Elkhound. You can see a pic of mine at the bottom of this post.
http://argosjourney.blogspot.com/2009/01/fuzzy-wuzzy-argo-and-other-rambling.html

Erika said...

I don't know, Sadie...I.O. does not look like he is grinning at Mommy while she is taking the pictures. You sure are handsome,though.

Sad news, the neighbor's kitty was hit by a car last night.

Anonymous said...

You've got nice neighbors Sadie. Thanks for letting us meet them.

jane

P.S. Momma says you have the sweetest face!

The Florida Furkids said...

Thanks for introducing us to your pals!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Meghann said...

What a great introduction Sadie!
If your mom and dad ever wanted to know for sure what other puppies made you, there are places in the US that do doggy DNA testing. They range from about $75 and up, but it might be neat if they wanted to find out what you have in you, aside from a great big, loving heart :)

the magic sleigh said...

Nice to have friendly neighbors, mine just barks at Scampi and I. There little dogs though, I think we scare them!
Kira, The Florida Siberian

agoodwitchtoo said...

Very fun meeting some of your pals from the neighborhood, Sadie! Shhh... I think you are the most gorgeous of them all :)

storybeader said...

everyone look up to you! hehe

Reeni said...

Sadie, your such a sweetie! I loved seeing your neighborhood. And reading about how your family adopted you. Your a lucky doggie for having such a nice family and their lucky for having you!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank woo fur sharing Sadie's story!

We are furry lukhky khanines to have found such grrrrreat furever homes (even if Sadie's does have some of those OTHER khritters)!

Your neighbour pups look like nice pals!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Memories for Life said...

Nice little backyard tour :)
Jealous of your green grass! I get so tired of brown in the winter!

tahtimbo said...

I don't think that I would be venturing into your neighbor's yard any time soon.

The Fitness Diva said...

I am lovin' the doggie smile in the very last pic! Cute and adorable! :)

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Sadie! You ARE mixed with love! It shows all OVER yur bee-woo-tiful face in that last picture!
Luv,
Dave
PS: Your friends look like real nice guys! Mom is a sucker for Dobies!

Jackie said...

Hi Truman it's nice to meet you. Oh my you are a handsome one!

moxylyn said...

All of these pups are gorgeous! I understand about the big softie dogs... my Kayla was one of them. She was scared of kitties!!

Mishkat said...

I.O. and Truman are really cute! And I love the story of how you adopted Sadie.

Stephanie said...

Hey!! I love your blog so I tagged you over at my site http://fromhuskiestohusbands.today.com
So come on over and check it out!! :)

Unknown said...

Yep, those Dobies look intimidating, but big, big babies just like mine!